Wednesday, April 13, 2011

a letter from mum and dad


My Child,
When i get old, i hope u understand me and have patience with me;
In case, i break a plate, or spill soup on the table because I'm losing my eyesight, i hope u don't yell at me;
Older people are sensitive, always having selfpity when u yell;
When my hearing get worse, and i cann't hear what you're saying, i hope u don't call me"DEAF", please repeat what u said or write it down;

I'm sorry,my child;
I'm getting older;
When my knees get weaker, i hope u have the patience to help me get up;
Like how i used to help u while u were little, Learning how to walk;

Please bear with me;
When i keep repeat my self like a broken recorder, i hope u just keep listen to me;
Please don't make fun of me or get sick of listening to me;
Do u remember when you were little and you wanted a balloon?
You repeated yourself over and over until you got what you wanted;

Please also pardon my smell,
I smell like a old person;
Please don't force me to shower,
My body is weak;
Old people get sick easily when they are cold;
I hope i don't gross u out;

Do u remember when you were little?
I used to chase u around because u didn't want to shower
I hope u can be patient with me,
When I’m always cranky
It’s all part of getting old
You’ll understand when you’re older
And if u have spare time,
I hope we can talk
Even for a few minutes
I’m always all by myself all the time
And have no one to talk to
I know you’re busy with work
Even if you’re not interested in my stories,
Please have time for me

Do u remember when you were little?
I used to listen to your stories about your teddy bear
When the time comes and I get ill and bedridden
I hope u have the patience to take care of me

I'm sorry
If I accidentally wet the bed or make a mess
I hope you have the patience to take care of me during the last few moments of my life
I m not going to last much longer,anyway
When the time of my death comes,I hope you hold may hand and give me the strength to face death
And don’t worry..

When I finally meet our Creator..
I will pray to Him
To BLESS u
Because you loved your Mom and Dad.
Thank you so much for your care.

We love you
With much love,
MUM and DAD

p/s: dpt kat fb.

No comments: